Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Make Dinner Time With a Toddler Easier

Tonight I thought I would do something other than fight with Kaden's need for attention and the dinner in the electric skillet, I let him pretend to cook dinner and do dishes with me. While I was prepping the potatoes for dinner, I filled the sink 1/4 a way up with water and gave him: a measuring spoon, a measuring cup, a plastic cup and a rubber spatula. He loved playing with the water. I laid down the rule before he was allowed to play: all the water had to stay in the sink. I got this idea from another blog, but I don't remember which one(oops!). Then while I was cooking I put him on a chair and gave him: a sauce pan, a metal whisk, a ladle, some of his spoons and two hot pads. He pretended to make soup! I asked him what he was going to put in it...he said "apples!" So cute.
Here are some pics, I couldn't resist sharing:


No comments:

Post a Comment